Beaverton High School
Core Purpose and Core Values
The coming years will present a variety of challenges and opportunities for schools. Changes in the curriculum, increased use of technology, and a changing school population are just a few of the possible changes that are ahead for BHS. School communities that have a strong sense of direction and purpose are poised to seize the opportunities that present themselves and weather any challenges. A clearly stated and shared set of core values can guide us toward a productive and successful future.
Beaverton High School’s Core Purpose and Core Values are outlined below:
We believe that ALL students will graduate from BHS prepared for, confident in, and excited about the future they choose.
Excellence inspires us: We demand excellence in every aspect of our school.
- We hold students, faculty, and staff to high standards and support all in reaching their fullest potential.
- We strive to ensure our academic programs are demanding and that they genuinely prepare all students for success.
- Our athletic and extracurricular activities programs demand the best from all participants.
Learning transforms us: We instill a passion for exploring ideas, questions, and possibilities.
- We recognize the power of education to shape the future of individuals.
- Students benefit from rigorous, engaging, and relevant educational experiences.
- Highly talented teachers and staff foster academic achievement within communities of learners and are learners themselves.
Community connects us: We are a caring, inclusive, and collaborative community.
- We actively engage every member of the Beaverton High School community—students, staff, families, and our community partners—in pursuit of our mission.
- Together we celebrate the diversity of our community and recognize it as one of our greatest strengths.
- We enhance our school and community through service and action.
Tradition unites us: We recognize and embrace our rich legacy and traditions.
- Everyone in our community contributes their best to the success of our school.
- Our traditions keep us mindful of our pursuit of excellence and commitment to our community.
- We celebrate the accomplishments, both past and present, of our school, students, and staff.
BHS Beaver Fight Song
Hats off to beavers here we come
Beavers are fighters everyone
Beavers will conquer any foe
And we will
Lets ... Give ... A
Cheer for the Beavers
Watch them score
Knocking on victory's door
So come all you Beavers
Fight! Fight! Fight!
And we will win tonight!