Thank you for your interest in Opportunity Knocks!
- The complete PCC Fall Term 2018 Course Catalog is available on 06/15/2018. Registration for Fall Term classes begins August 7, 2018 though the system will open for most students a few days later. Check the PCC When to Register page to determine your exact registration date.
- Students who have never taken a class at PCC are encouraged to check out the New Student Orientation page.
- OUR DEADLINE for Fall Term Enrollment is Monday, August 27, 2018. You must have applied for admissions at PCC, registered for your class, submitted your permission form(s) and filled out the OK ONLINE FORM by end of the day on Monday, 8/27 to be considered for Opportunity Knocks.
Opportunity Knocks is a program in which high school juniors and seniors (minimum age requirement is 16) in the Beaverton School District may take a credit class at Portland Community College. Students may enrich or extend their learning while gaining college experience and credit. Tuition is paid for by the Beaverton School District. Students eligible for free/reduced lunch will have books and Trimet passes covered as well. You must earn a 'C' or better in your class to be eligible to sign up for another term. In most cases the class will be added to the student's BSD transcript. Students must present their transcript to their school's Registrar to have the class added to their PCC transcript.
To sign up for an Opportunity Knocks class follow these steps:
- Find a class that matches your interest and works with your schedule, keeping in mind:
If you've never taken classes at PCC, first you need to enroll by:Register for a classSUBMIT YOUR COURSE FOR APPROVAL
- Comparable class must not be already offered at home high school (unless class is full)
- Student may not drop classes in order to participate in Opportunity Knocks.
- Do this step AFTER you have registered for the PCC class.
- Complete OK ONLINE FORM AFTER you have registered for the PCC to receive final approval for your course and to have the tuition paid.
- This online form will open on the first day of the term's registration window. It will not work before then.
- Do NOT pay for the course out-of-pocket (though you might get some emails from PCC). BSD will not reimburse families for courses paid out-of-pocket.
You will receive an email by 08/28/2018 regarding your course approval. If your course is not approved, you will also be notified. You will be automatically dropped from the course, if payment is not received by Friday of that week. If you wish to proceed, you will need to pay, please only pay out-of-pocket if your parents wish to proceed with your enrollment!
Questions? Email Sylvia Juarez at Early College: firstname.lastname@example.org
Returning students, please email: email@example.com