SAVE YOUR COLLEGE MONEY!
Opportunity Knocks is a program that grants high school juniors and seniors (or students 16 or older) in the Beaverton School District the opportunity to take a credit class at Portland Community College. Students may enrich or extend their learning while gaining college experience and college credit. Tuition is paid for by the Beaverton School District and students eligible for free/reduced lunch will have access to the textbook loan service and Trimet passes.
You must earn a 'C' or better in your class to be eligible to sign up for another term. In most cases the class will be added to the student's BSD transcript. Students must present their transcript to their school's Registrar to have the class added to their BSD transcript.
- The complete PCC Spring Term 2019 Course Catalog is available on 02/01/2019. Registration for Spring Term classes begins February 25, 2019 though the system will open for most students a few days later. Check the PCC When to Register page to determine your exact registration date.
- Students who have never taken a class at PCC need to check out the New Student Orientation page.
- OUR DEADLINE for Spring Term Enrollment is Friday, March 08, 2019. You must have applied for admissions at PCC, registered for your class, submitted your permission form(s) and filled out the OK ONLINE FORM by Friday, 03/08/2019 to be considered for Opportunity Knocks.
To sign up for Opportunity Knocks:
- Meet with your counselor
- Find a class that matches your interest and works with your schedule, keeping in mind:
If you've never applied at PCC, you need to do the following:Register for a classSUBMIT YOUR COURSE FOR APPROVAL
- Comparable class must not be already offered at home high school (unless class is full)
- Student may not drop classes in order to participate in Opportunity Knocks.
- Do this step AFTER you have registered for the PCC class.
- Complete OK ONLINE FORM AFTER you have registered for the PCC to receive final approval for your course and to have the tuition paid.
- This online form will open on the first day of the term's registration window. It will not work before then.
- Do NOT pay for the course out-of-pocket (though you might get some emails from PCC). BSD will not reimburse families for courses paid out-of-pocket.
You will receive an email around 03/18/2019 regarding your course approval. If your course is not approved, you will also be notified. You will be automatically dropped from the course, if payment is not received by Saturday of that week. If you wish to proceed in taking the course, you will need to pay, please only pay out-of-pocket if your parents wish to proceed with your enrollment!
Questions? Email Sylvia Juarez at Early College: firstname.lastname@example.org
Returning students, please email: email@example.com