Fir Grove Elementary is a Title I School.
- This means we receive federal funds to provide additional academic support in reading and math for all students at Fir Grove.
Qualifications for a Title I School
- The amount of money we get depends on the number of students who receive free or reduced lunch.
- Over 50% of students at Fir Grove live in poverty.
- This gives our school more funds in addition to local and state funds.
Advantages of being a Title I School
- The money goes to help all students in our school.
- It is used for teachers, instructional assistants, after school programs, books, supplies and materials.
- It provides opportunities for parents to receive training to help their child in school.
Ways You Can Help
- Fill out a free/reduced lunch application if you think your family might qualify.
- Attend parent information sessions.
- Volunteer in your child's classroom regularly.
Opportunities for Parents
- PTO Meetings
- Parent + Principal Chats
- Volunteer in School/Classrooms
As a Title I School, we rely on the partnership between school and home to ensure that our students succeed. We hope you will feel welcome to be a part of your child's school experience and a part of the success of Fir Grove Elementary School.