Vision And Mission
Our vision is to have all of our students enter and succeed in a wide
variety of academic programs at the college level. Health and Science
both provides a lens through which we can plan rigorous curriculum and
engages students through relevant interdisciplinary learning. We believe
that students will engage in academic success when their learning has
greater relevance to the students’ culture, community, and personal
Prepare students for college success through a highly relevant health
and sciences-based educational experience in a small school environment
that fosters student identity, commitment, and support. The Health and
Science High School will act as a community access point for health and
science education, serving students and families and ensuring the
inclusion of the diverse community within the Beaverton School District.
Using the Expeditionary Learning model:
- Students will be college-ready upon graduation from HS2.
- Students will demonstrate advanced critical thinking and communication skills.
- Students will have taken responsibility for their learning, have
confidence and take the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Students and staff will create a collaborative and extended learning environment.
- HS2 staff will continue as learners as we recognize and celebrate individual growth and achievement for students and staff.