ISB Site Council
According to Oregon's Educational Act for the 21st Century, (ORS 336.745, section 34), the duties of the
school site council shall include but are not limited to:
• the improvement of its instructional program;
• the development and implementation of a plan to improve the professional growth and career
opportunities of a school's staff; and
• the development, coordination and implementation of Oregon's Educational Act for the 21st Century
at the school site.
According to this legislation, this committee must include: teachers and classified employees elected by
peers, the building administrator, and parents of students. The site committee may also include community
members and students.
At ISB, the Site Council members:
- Oversee the School Improvement Plan
- Work as a data team by analyzing school wide data
- Determine staff development and other school improvement efforts
- Problem solve curricular and other issues that ISB faces
- Commit to serve for 2 years
The time commitment per month is a minimum of 1-2 hours.
ISB's Site Council for 2015-16 is yet to be determined. If you are interested in serving in the International School of Beaverton's Site Council, please contact Scott Carey Gladney at firstname.lastname@example.org