Welcome to Merlo Station High School
Merlo Station High School is a small non-traditional high school. It is designed for students who want the support of a small community of teachers and students. Many of the students who attend Merlo Station do not feel like they "fit in" at a mainstream high school. They want to do well in school, but need support in building academic skills and habits, and dealing with issues that distract them from learning. Merlo Station is designed to help students take responsibility for their learning and their lives. Everyone is welcome!
What is different about Merlo Station High School?
- Individualism is respected by staff and students.
- Smaller classes of approximately 20-25 students.
- Extended day program for credit recovery, skill building and/or enrichment.
- New classes start every 6 weeks.
- Point system which requires daily attendance and class participation to earn credits.
- Homework is not required; the majority of work is completed in class.
- Flexible scheduling with options for morning or afternoon classes.
- Option to take some classes online.
- Option to take some classes at PCC through Merlo Station College Track.
- Graduation requirements include credit and proficiency measures.