AVID Volunteer Tutors Are Needed to Help Westview High School Students Get Ready to Succeed
AVID=Advancement Via Individual Determination
The Beaverton AVID Program teaches students the skills and behaviors necessary for academic success in high school, college and beyond.
• AVID tutors work with small groups of middle and high school students under the supervision of a teacher.
• Tutors are trained to use specific strategies that help develop students’ critical thinking, literacy, and math skills.
• Tutoring is held mainly on Monday, and Tuesdays and times vary depending on the school and volunteer availability. Other days are available.
• Training and ongoing support provided.
• Community or Parent Volunteer Application and Background Check required.
For more information contact: BSD-AVID-Tutor@beaverton.k12.or.us