Westview At A Glance Video
Inclement Weather Information
When the weather gets snowy or icy, school schedules may be affected. The District generally posts the announcement of delayed school opening or school closure by 5:15 a.m. All Portland Metro area media outlets announce the
information on TV newscasts and online.
The District makes decisions based on the ability to operate school buses safely; the ability for students and parents
to get to school safely, and the ability for employees to get to work safely and on time. The decision that is made will be
for the entire District. As always, parents may choose to make different decisions based on their particular location.
The District will notify parents and staff via SchoolMessenger with a Non-School Hours Emergency message. Please
manage your communication
preferences in SchoolMessenger InfoCenter.
For the latest inclement weather information:
• Log on to the District website and a light blue message banner will be posted on the top of the main page with
the status of District operations.
• Opt-in for SMS Alerts from SchoolMessenger
• Subscribe to Flash Alert for email or text message updates
• Like the Beaverton School District on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
• The Beaverton School District Inclement Weather Policy and transportation snow routes can be found on the
Public Safety webpage.
• Subscribe to the District’s RSS Feed