Westview High School Head Varsity Girls Basketball Coach Position; Opening
POSTING WILL CLOSE May 5, 2017
This application is for the Head Varsity Girls Basketball Coaching Position.
Applicants need to be available and licensed to teach full time.
Applicant will be asked to submit:
1. Letter of application focusing on your basketball coaching experience.
2. A current resume.
3. A minimum of three letters of recommendation specifically detailing your basketball
4. A minimum of three references with contact information.
Key points of the job description for a Varsity Head Coach:
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Direct a successful grade 9-12 basketball program and oversee all facets of the program.
- Work with local media as needed and establish a relationship with community groups.
- Be a role model for high school student-athletes.
- Cooperate with other school-sponsored sports by encouraging athletes to compete in fall and spring programs.
- Develop and implement an off-season program.
- Monitor the academic progress of the basketball players.
- Lead basketball players in the support of other Westview teams and events.
All new hired coaches will need to complete the following prior to employment:
1. NFHS Certification
2. First Aid Card (CPR and AED trained)
3. District Fingerprinting/Criminal check
4. Completion of all OSAA Certifications
5. Completion of ODE Steroid Test
6. Completion of all School District paperwork.
If interested in this position, please contact
Athletic Director Rob Casteel at Westview High School at (503) 356-3056.
You may email your application to: