Shootout: Training sessions will begin at 3:00 and run until 5:00 on the Stadium Field. The agenda for the week will include technical, tactical, and fitness based exercises. Incoming Freshman can show up late! This is an opportunity to meet the coaches and demonstrate your current level of ability.
· June 5-8, 2018 3:00-5:00 - Westview stadium.
· Current 8th graders are encouraged to join for the last hour.
· PLEASE stop by the Athletic Office to get your Blue Slip -Every player will need one in order to participate.
· Cost: $0
· Wildcat Summer Fitness Camp: 4 weeks, June 26-July 19, 2018, T/W/TH, 6:00-8:00 am! Cost $150
· Moratorium Week: Week of July 22nd -Hint: This is a great time to take a vacation!
· Wildcat Scrimmage Week Camp:
- July 30, 10-Noon @ Mountainside
- July 31, 8:00-10:00 am vs. Southridge
- Aug, 1 8:00-10:00 am vs. Tigard
- Aug 2, 8:00-10:00 am vs. TBD
- Cost $50
· Attack Camp: Aug 6-9, M-TH, 6:00-8:00 am! Cost $65
· Tryouts: Aug 13-15 -Players need to be at all 3 days of tryouts.
· Training Begins: Aug 16th and continues to the end of the season -about mid-late October. Practices are Monday - Friday from 3-5 unless there is a game.
Summer Camp Registration & Fees:
· Registration for summer camps can be done online via: Boys Soccer Camp Registration: https://goo.gl/forms/tLgalAbR2qZRGnPU2
· Paper form: Boys Soccer 2018 Camps
· Payments can be made online via the BSD Payment Portal or by CASH or CHECK taken to the Westview Business Office.
o If paying online, please be sure to enter the dollar amount before adding it to your cart.
o If you need to spread the payments out, you can do that as well.
o Please email a copy of your receipt or bring a copy to the first day of camp.
· Please register ASAP so we can plan appropriately.
Physicals & Participation Forms
· Every player will need to submit a participation form and have a current physical on record in the Athletic Office before they can participate in our Spring and Summer training.
· New physicals are required for incoming Freshman and incoming Juniors.
· All others will want to verify that their physical is still valid with the Athletic Office.
· Note that physicals are valid for 2 years.
· For required Participation and Physical forms go to: Westview Athletics Page. Forms are listed under the MORE dropdown.
· Turn in your forms to the Athletic Office PRIOR to Spring Shootout or the end of school.
Wildcat Summer Fitness:
The focus of this training will be preparation for the high school season using ADAPT techniques, SAQ training, technical ball work, endurance based fitness, and competitive tactical exercises. This is an excellent opportunity for players to improve both their fitness and skills. Players will have an opportunity to compete with other players who are already established within the program.
The week of July 22 is closed to all activities due to the District athletic moratorium. This would be an ideal time to plan vacations!
Wildcat Scrimmage Week:
We will be inviting other High Schools to participate in a scrimmage format on these days. Location: Westview or other High School.
This is an optional conditioning and tactics camp that closely models the technical, tactical, and physical challenges that will be presented during regular season and playoff practices. Tryouts: Monday-Friday,
· August 13 – 15
· Athletes are expected to be at ALL sessions
· Location: Westview
· Time: TBD
Four teams: Varsity, Junior Varsity and two JV 2 teams will be selected by the end of the 3rd day of Tryouts.
· Aug 16-24, will be either 6-8 am or 3-5 pm Monday-Friday
· Aug 27 – end of October, Monday-Friday, 3:00pm-5:00pm unless there is a game.
Practices will begin as soon as teams are selected. Players are expected to attend all practices including those prior to the beginning of the school year. Please plan on training the Friday and Monday of Labor Day weekend.
For more information:
Email Lynn Asbury – WestviewHSBoysSoccer@gmail.com